Haida Wild’s Spot Prawns are the largest species of shrimp found in Canada’s North Pacific waters. They are known for their sweet, delicate flavour and firm texture.
This ceviche recipe is prepared by adding the prawns and/or fish raw and are “cooked” by the acids in the citrus fruits and vinegar. The salt then firms the flesh.
- BC Spot Prawns shelled and deveined
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Fresh lime juice
- Lime zest
- Rice wine vinegar
- Red onion thinly sliced and chopped
- Green onion thinly chopped
- Cilantro coarsely chopped
- Salt (about a half teaspoon per pound of prawns)
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Ensure there is enough liquid (equal parts lime and lemon juices and rice wine vinegar) to cover the prawns.
- Marinate and refrigerate for a minimum of 5 hours and maximum 24 hours.
- Stir 2-3 times throughout the marinating period.
- If you crave a little heat, try spicing up your ceviche with a little Tabasco or chili flakes.
- Try serving your ceviche with our Signature Cold Smoked Salmon and a fresh salsa of avocado, tomato and cucumber.
- Plate beautifully and serve immediately!