Need a little spice in your life? It’s a great time to enjoy our fresh-frozen coho, line caught in the pristine waters of Haida Gwaii. This exotic dish is a unique way to enjoy our wild salmon.
Part 1: Chutney
- ½ Red onion – sliced thin
- 2 Roma tomatoes – chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves – sliced thin
- 1 oz Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- Cilantro – chopped
- Combine all except cilantro in sauce pot.
- Cook on low until thick. This should take about 1 hour.
- Let it cool then add chopped cilantro.
Part 2: Salmon
- Portion fish as desired and sprinkle with dried tandoori spice.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until it flakes when pressed.
Part 3: Lentils (optional)
- 1 cup Lentils
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1 Red onion – diced
- 3 Garlic cloves – chopped
- 3 tbsp Tomato paste
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt & pepper
- Kale – chopped
- Cook lentils in chicken stock until tender, add kale and cook through.
- Add more stock if required, drain.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Add lentils, tomato paste and cumin. Season to taste.
- Plate and finish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pro tip: For a lunch or lighter dish, skip the lentils and serve with baby greens and naan (as pictured).
Shop for fresh Haida Gwaii coho and other wild salmon species at our Online Store at HAIDAWILD.COM/SHOP