We are pleased to share this week’s Wine Wednesday Perfect Pairing recipe – Desert Hills Haida Wild Chinook Salmon Roast.
What better way to make your Sunday dinner special than with Haida Wild’s Ocean Wise Salmon? This exquisite recipe by Desert Hills Estate Winery showcases the legendary Chinook (aka King Salmon) of Haida Gwaii, and is a savory feast you won’t soon forget. Accompany it with a glass of Helena Rosé for the perfect made-in-BC pairing – buy it online here.
- Haida Wild Chinook Salmon (Half Flank)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Oregano (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro (Finely Chopped)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- Little Gem Potatoes
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Full Sprig of Rosemary
- Full Sprig of Sage
- 4 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 10 oz Spinach Leaves (Without Stems)
- 3/4 Tomatoes (Finely Diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Whole)
- 2 Cardamom Pods (Crushed, Without Peel)
- 235 ml Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
For the Salmon:
- Preheat oven to 425 C at Conventional Roast.
- Apply coconut oil to the Haida Wild Chinook Salmon, coat oil everywhere.
- Apply rosemary, oregano & cilantro to the salmon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove once finished and leave to the side.
For the Roasted Potatoes
- Boil water and add salt, pepper and sage sprig.
- Add in potatoes, boil until just tender, strain and let them cool on a rack or pan.
- Once cooled, apply whole grain mustard, rosemary, avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss and mix well, place on baking sheet with tin foil, oil the tin foil.
- Roast in the oven at 425 C until golden brown.
For the Spinach Puree
- Heat up pan, add butter and let melt. Remove moisture at medium low.
- Add in garlic, cloves, cardamon and tomatoes – stir and mix ingredients.
- Change the temperature to low, let it simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in spinach, keep stirring until all spinach is wilted.
- Once wilted, add in whipping cream, change temperature to high.
- Reduce cream by 3/4.
- Once reduced, remove from pan into a bowl.
- In the bowl, apply a hand blender and puree until a fine texture.
- Season with salt and pepper to emulsify everything.
- Place back into pan, heat up more and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want to catch more from our Wine Wednesday Perfect Pairing Series?
Shop Haida Wild Chinook and other fresh Ocean Wise seafood at our online store at HAIDAWILD.COM/SHOP