We are pleased to share this week’s Wine Wednesday Perfect Pairing recipe – Spot Prawn Ceviche.
Beat the summer heat with Chef Ben Lim’s recipe for Spot Prawn Ceviche. This ceviche recipe is prepared by adding the prawns raw and are “cooked” by the acids in the citrus fruits and vinegar. Pair our Haida Wild Spot Prawns with a beautiful Schoenburger from St Hubertus and Oak Bay Estate Winery – buy it online here.
- 8 oz Haida Wild Spot Prawns
- 1/4 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 1/2 Avocado, Diced
- 1/4 Cup Edamame Beans
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion, Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeno, Finely Diced
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Yuzu Juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Wonton Rounds
- Salt to taste
- Poach prawns in boiling water for 20 seconds and immediately place them into an ice bath to cool.
- Peel prawns into a plastic bowl and add the lime and yuzu juice.
- Allow to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Brush wonton rounds with olive oil, season with salt and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes (or until golden brown and crispy) .
- Combine remaining ingredients with the prawns and gently toss to combine.
- Serve with crispy wonton chips.
- Hala Ga Taa (Come and Eat)
Want to catch more from our Wine Wednesday Perfect Pairing Series?
Shop Haida Wild Spot Prawns and other fresh Ocean Wise seafood at our online store at HAIDAWILD.COM/SHOP