We are pleased to share this week’s Wine Wednesday Perfect Pairing recipe – Roasted Haida Wild Sablefish and Ramen Noodle Salad.
Use this special recipe by Chef Ben Lim to create a summer dish that will have your guests coming back for seconds, thirds and even fourths! Make a good thing better by pairing it with a lovely Gamay Noir from St Hubertus & Oak Bay Estate Winery – buy it online here.
- 6 oz of Haida Wild Sablefish
- 1/4 cup Cucumbers (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Crispy Shallots
- 2 tbsp Crispy Garlic
- 1 tbsp Sliced Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Thai Basil Chiffonade
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 8 oz Cooked Ramen Noodles
- 2 tbsp Peashoots
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Chili Oil
- Whisk together lime juice, chill oil, soy sauce and Mirin in a small bowl and reserve as your dressing.
- Dress sablefish with 2 tbsp of your dressing and roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes (or until the sablefish has begun to flake).
- Remove pin bones and skin from fish before serving.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add remaining dressing.
- Gently toss together.
- Serve the noodles in a shallow bowl with the fish resting on top.
- Hala Ga Taa (Come and Eat)
Want to catch more from our Wine Wednesday Perfect Pairing Series?
Shop Haida Wild Sablefish and other fresh Ocean Wise seafood at our online store at HAIDAWILD.COM/SHOP