Crispy on the outside and filled with flavour on the inside, Chef Ben Lim’s recipe for Wonton Wrapped Haida Wild Salmon is a summer favourite! Our tip? Pair this mouthwatering dish with a beautifully balanced Oak Bay Reserve Northern Light from St Hubertus and Oak Bay Estate Winery – buy it online here.
- 6 Oz Haida Wild Cold Smoked Salmon, diced (skin and pin boned)
- 10-12 Wonton Rounds
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Cucumbers, finely diced)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Dill, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup Water (for sealing wontons)
- Combine lemon juice, yogurt, 1 tbsp dill and cucumber in a small bowl and reserve.
- Combine smoked salmon, ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, 1 tbsp dill, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl.
- Fill wonton rounds with roughly 1 oz of salmon mixture on one side and fold in to a half circle shape.
- Seal wonton edges with water after folding.
- Repeat until wonton skins and salmon mixture is used up.
- Brush salmon wonton pockets with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Serve with yogurt and cucumber sauce.
- Hala Ga Taa (Come and Eat)
Want to catch more from our Wine Wednesday Perfect Pairing Series?
Shop Haida Wild Cold Smoked Salmon and other fresh Ocean Wise seafood at our online store at HAIDAWILD.COM/SHOP